[Wine] Wine HQ in Macosx

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 23 19:28:04 CST 2008

vitamin wrote:
> dawinsor87 wrote:
>
>> I ran in to this problem when I was trying to play with Darwine. You can get shortcuts on your desktop, but it's kinda roundabout.
>>
>> The only way I've found to do it is in finder do go>go to folder and then I think it's /user/whatever your user is/.wine and then you can view all of wine's files and browse drive_c and drag stuff to the dock or whatever.
>>

> Sounds like mac os x is not XDG compliant. You might want to bug Apple about this.

In one version, and I think it was Zach Parker's, I was able to get the
.lnk files to appear on the Desktop.  I run a specific program and some
versions of Darwine cooperate with the .lnk files and some versions do
not.  You can use Winehelper to run the program of your choice as well.

James McKenzie