[Wine] Re: soundcard registry section

algarues wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 24 05:14:36 CST 2008

Yes, hardware acceleration is enabled in winecfg, and I have enabled it either with or without driver emulation.
I also tried either by using my onboard soundchip (Realtek ALC889a) or my PCI soundcard  (terratec aureon 5.1) after disabling the onboard chip by bios.
In both cases sound works perfectly in linux.
Do you think you could try to install halo in your wine and try to see if you get the hardware acceleration enabled in the "audio setup" menu of the game?