[Wine] Re: Getting Wine to ignore case in file names

exuvo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 24 15:32:41 CST 2008

vitamin wrote:

> exuvo wrote:
> > Hello, im wondering if there is a way to get my Half-Life Dedicated Server (Garrys Mod, has no linux binaries) to ignore the case in filnames.
> > The reason is that some of the addons have model files with case and in the code they dont write the case resulting in it not finding the file.
>

> Where do you see that? Wine already has case-insensitive file lookup.

Oh it has?
Then it might actually be that the authors have written the wrong file names, I havent hosted on windows with the console, just in-game and i cant see if it gives any errors during that time.
Also im having a few other errors in the game that i thought maybe was linked to the not finding models errors.

Thank you for the information now i know that it's atleast nothing to do with that!