[Wine] What's the problem with my wine install?

Vincent Povirk madewokherd+8cd9 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 22:50:59 CST 2008

vitamin: Where is the documentation of this? What, specifically, are
the filesystem limitations in Wubi that make Wine not function
properly, and how can you observe them in a real app?

This should be on the download page and in the FAQ.

The only specific filesystem-related issue I know of is that Steam
does not run from ntfs, and 8.10 should have a new enough kernel that
it shouldn't matter (according to the note on the appdb page, and
assuming the same issue affects Wubi somehow).