[Wine] Re: What's the problem with my wine install?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 25 08:52:03 CST 2008

jammanuser wrote:

> >  Wine is not designed to interact with an existing Windows installation.
> >
> > WARNING: Do not try to configure Wine to point to your actual Windows C:\ drive.
>

> if so, then i don't think that that can be used to claim that wine doesn't work on ntfs file system

I'm not sure what you trying to say? The above warning applies to real windows' c: drive regardless of the file system.

Wine doesn't like NTFS or FAT for number of reasons. The biggest one was the limited functionality of mmap, which should be fixed in latest kernel and ntfs-3g drivers. However there are few other bugs in bugzilla that point to some problems with NTFS/FAT.