[Wine] Re: PopCap games won't work any longer!!!

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 25 10:47:36 CST 2008

Berserkr wrote:
>  I imagine that the person or people who develop Wine frequent this forum often.  Can any of you please tell me why I am not able to play those games any longer?

No, actually, the developers for the most part don't frequent the forum.

As to why you can no longer play these games, my first guess would be this:

> I recently installed Ubuntu 8.1

I don't use Ubuntu myself, but from reading the forum regularly, I get the distinct impression that 8.10 has lots of problems with Wine.

As to practical suggestions (other than downgrading to 8.04): when you tried different versions of Wine did you reinstall the games to a clean wineprefix? For that matter, when you upgraded to 8.10 did you reinstall the games to a clean wineprefix? If the answer is no, then try that. Delete or rename ~/.wine and reinstall your games; a new ~/.wine will automatically be created. If you've tried that, and it didn't work, then post console output.