[Wine] Problem in Arturia's Minimoog VST interface

Luciano Antonio Siqueira lcnsqr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 20:17:03 CST 2008

Hi everybody,

Arturia's Minimoog V is a VST app that emulates the classic Minimoog
Synthetizer. The audio works great in Linux with Wine (combined with
Jack, vsthost and wineasio). However, the interface controls have severe
bugs, which compromises the usage.

I made two videos to show the problems. The first one shows the normal
operation on Windows XP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpbvd1gMxfk).
The second one shows the application running with Wine 1.1.9
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWjwsrJZFoo).

With Wine, as soon as the app starts, a black background covers the
original background. Besides that, every control events (like rotate
knobs or turn on/off switches) soils the interface. The major problem
appears when opening the top controls (by clicking at the top or
clicking in the "open" button), when all the interface gets unusable.

I already tested with several Wine versions and Linux distributions,
with the same results. The only unusual message in terminal is
"fixme:xrender:X11DRV_AlphaBlend not a dibsection". Don't know if it has
anything to do with that.

As I produce all my records in Linux and really like this app, hope that
somebody could help with that. This is the only VST plugin where this
problem happens. The demo version is available:
ftp://ftp.arturia.net/pub/downloads/win/minimoogv_1_6_demo.exe

Regards,

Luciano.