[Wine] help a noob

prfry wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 25 21:11:56 CST 2008

I have slow, ancient, bottom of the line internetz dialup (sometimes as low as 928 bytes/sec!). I just installed Ubuntu 8.10 and need to move my internet program (aol type setup) there. Since it's made for windows, i thought i could use WINE. So I downloaded the instalation packet from the archives (made for 8.10) and tried to install the packet. It said i still needed internet conection, but that is what i was installing! Was it a fluke of a download or do i really still need it? Thnx