[Wine] google earth

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Tue Nov 25 23:13:14 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 1:25 AM, stmcc <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I think that my question is answered. I can't use the drivers that work in XP for wine to open google earth. Untill VIA makes some drivers for Linux, I will keep XP for google earth.
>  Thanks for your info.
> stmcc (mac)

In Linux most drivers end up included with the kernel / with the X11
server (probably actually mesa) and gets installed with those. (If you
happen to have a card that requires drivers from the manufacturer's
website, it is probably not included in the kernel because it links
binary code with the kernel, which may, or may not be allowed by the
GPL...) (I do not want to start a flamewar...)

http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/x11/xserver-xorg-video-unichrome is
probably what you want...

Gert