[Wine] Using Linux Virtual Midi with WINE does not work

ggoode.sa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 26 02:26:24 CST 2008

Hi,

I have recently started using WINE with the wineasio driver to run my Windows audio apps. In Windows I did a lot of work using MIDI Yoke (a virtual 'MIDI cable' driver). The Linux equivalent is the snd-virmidi ALSA driver. I find, however, that WINE does not send MIDI messages throught the virmidi ports to Linux Apps.

I have tried this on Ubuntu 8.04 and Puppy Linux 4.0 using WINE 1.1.6. Am I doing something wrong or does WINE not support the virmidi driver?

Thanks,

Graham
Johannesburg, South Africa