[Wine] Re: Overriding of .dll libraries

English_Mohican wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 26 15:04:42 CST 2008

How does "file a bug" answer the question the OP asked?

Like AndriyK,  I would like to help Wine by making programmes I use work better. Once I have some clues as to the problem, then you can have a bug report. However, it is very difficult for me to get "under the hood" and be sure that I am not just wasting time - yours even more than mine.

I have tried looking for documentation -
Where are details of what the messages mean? (the answer usually seems to be "not much")
When it crashes, how does one interpret the crash details?  Generic information please - not specific.
Mostly the documents do not exist and when I do find something it usually assumes a lot of existing knowledge.

I have tried reading the source code with some limited success- but there is quite a lot of it  and it is hard to get an overview that way.

So are the forums not a sensible place to ask the sort of question AndriyK asks and should you not attempt a real answer?

PS. There are  good answers in the thread but there are also a lot of non answers - and I am sorry this is a non answer as well.