[Wine] how to compiling wine component and submit a patch?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 10:33:56 CST 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 1:01 AM, xrfang <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am a Chinese Wine user.  Recently I am studying a notorious wine problem among Chinese community.  The problem is that some Chinese application cannot display text correctly.
>
> There is a "dirty" patch submitted in the Ubuntu community, as it is dirty, people don't think the Wine team will accept it.
>
> I am trying to study this problem.  My questions are:
>
> 1) How do I compile a portion of wine, e.g. gdi32.dll.so, without compiling the entire source tree?

You'd be better off compiling the whole source tree, in case the part
you're compiling depends on other parts of the tree. Once you've
compiled it once, you can recompile a specific part (e.g., just
gdi32), by cd'ing to its directory and running make there.

Submit it to wine-patches at winehq.org.

--
-Austin