[Wine] Re: Can't find a solution to this Steam problem

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 28 13:40:33 CST 2008

bb_buster wrote:
> right okay
> with the cat /proc/mounts i get:
>
> Code:
> rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
> /dev/root.old /initrd ext2 rw 0 0
> /dev/root / ext2 rw,noatime 0 0
> proc /proc proc rw 0 0
> tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw 0 0
> tmpfs /tmp tmpfs rw 0 0
> none /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
> none /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0
> none /sys sysfs rw 0 0
> none /mnt/home aufs rw,si=f3e5a9c0,xino=/home/user/.aufs.xino,create=mfs,dirs=/home/user=rw 0 0
>

> and im not sure if it is ntfs but when using wine file it would say something like 'C: - ntfs' for the root of the c drive, so i just assumed it was ntfs.

Still don't see any NTFS mounts. The only one you have is / (root) which is ext2 file system.

So you seeing "NTFS" in Wine? Of course you would, Wine does return NTFS file system type for hard drive disks. Which doesn't mean it's a real NTFS partition.

Can you repeat again. What is the problem? I still don't understand. You sure you running Wine as regular user EVERY TIME? And NEVER as root? Where did you look for "installed files"?