[Wine] Problem with screen streaming application

eidimon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 29 16:32:17 CST 2008

Hello everyone,

i use this program called Screenstream (http://www.nchsoftware.com/screen/index.html)
that captures your screen (in fact, the topmost window), and broadcasts it as a series of .jpeg, which you can view as a stream from your browser on any computer, using serverIp:port as an address.

It is the only windows program remaining that i have the need of.

The program installs correctly. Then, i go to the program's menu, where amongst other, there is a field where it shows you your address (local or internet), allows you to run a wizard to detect it, and lets you choose the port through which you want to broadcast your screen.

The local ip i get from the router is 192.168.*.*
The outside ip is 79.***.***.***.

 The program says that my public host name and ip is 127.12.34.65, and naturally,the browser cannot establish a connection (including the browser at my own system).

Manually setting the ip in the optione to 192.***....or 79.***...., didn't make any difference.

I am thinking (assuming that the capturing procedure works well) that there may be a misinterpretation of my ip by wine.

I am using wine 1.1.9 on opensuse 11.1x64

The program works fine in the real windows environment.

If anyone has any idea,suggestion,etc, on what i could do to make it work with wine, i would be most thankful...