[Wine] Red Alert / Red Alert II / Tiberium Sun: Overriding wsock32.

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sun Nov 30 14:27:31 CST 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Thunderbird <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Using posix file capabilties you can give wine only root permissions for creating raw sockets. A lot of distributions are doing something similar these days for ping which also required complete root permissions before.

Where can I find a guide to Posix capabilities? (Isn't that a FAQ yet?)

I would think that IPX should not require Raw sockets, but probably a
IPX socket (since it seem to be a supported protocol in the kernel)?
<rant>Why IPX requires root while IP doesn't, does not seem to make
sense... It seems to be just a nother socket type...
http://linux.die.net/man/2/socket </rant>

Gert