[Wine] help with lotus notes invocation using wine

praveena gunasekharan veena_gp_mit at yahoo.co.in
Wed Oct 1 00:43:21 CDT 2008

hi friends..

i am on ubuntu8.4 wit wine 0.9 i tried to access lotus notes installed on my windowsXP using wine..
i finished the inital steps to do this..

Then i when i executed notes.exe using wine it gave me an error:
You cannot use the Administration program while the Domino Server is
running. Either shut down the Domino Server (but keep the file server
running) or choose the icon labeled 'Lotus Notes' instead

then i changed the ownership the error was:
cant preload some address which again i changed int the  /etc/sysctl.conf the starting address to 0
then the error was:

Unable to access data directory c:\program files\lotus\notes\data using preferences file c:\program files\lotus\notes\notes.ini

then i changed few configurations which somehow reverted back to what originally it was:

now the error i get is:

err:module:import_dll Library MFC42u.DLL (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\praveeg\\.wine\\drive_c\\Program Files\\Common Files\\lotus\\notes\\nstclientu.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MFC42u.DLL (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\praveeg\\.wine\\drive_c\\Program Files\\Common Files\\lotus\\notes\\nimuiu.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library nimuiu.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\praveeg\\.wine\\drive_c\\Program Files\\Common Files\\lotus\\notes\\nstclientu.dll") not found
err:ole:CoReleaseMarshalData IMarshal::ReleaseMarshalData failed with error 0x8001011d

can anyone pl explain whats wrong with the steps i did and tell me what to do next..