[Wine] Is there any other way for accessing .hive files?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 15:31:57 CDT 2008

> John Drescher wrote:
>> Doesn't regedit from windows have the ability to save registry files in NT4 (text) format?
>
> Not really. Regedit just calls advapi (or ntdll) to load registry. You can try it to make sure but I doubt it will work on Wine.

I am sorry. I know my statement was confusing. Maybe I am confused
about the question. I thought the reason for this was the user wanted
to export some part of their windows registry to wine. And I was
suggesting that in windows XP that you can export registry settings as
text. I don't mean that you can run the windows regedit under wine and
expect this to function.