[Wine] Re: Available Memory Mapping Space (PC Study Bible 5)

lostandfound wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 5 20:16:24 CDT 2008

I never really checked in Windows, cos haven't gotten that error msg b4, but I do remember that it did use a whole chock-ful of memory. Badly written program (why in the world do they load EVERY reference work I have to memory on startup?) but very good for what it does.

Will reboot to windows to check, perhaps. I'd assume from your reply that there's no simple way to check the amount of allocated memory/increase that amount?

Oh, and from my System Monitor (I'm running Gnome) I can see the items which are taking up all that memory, basically about 30-50 MB each for each reference work I have, it just loads the whole file to memory.