[Wine] After update and compilation of Wine - version isn't changed

Fazer wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 7 15:59:49 CDT 2008

I downloaded Wine sources using git-gui, compiled it and it worked great. Then I wanted to update it, so I run sudo make uninstall, then in git-gui I did remote - fetch from origin.

Then I did
make depend
make -j4
sudo make install

And when I checked the version with wine --version, it gave me the old one

instead of

where "xxx" is number of commits since last release (I guess). The last commit is "msvcrt: Pass the command interpreter as exe name from _wpopen."

So did I make something wrong? Is my Wine up-to-date? What is the meaning of lif- whoops, wrong forum :-P

Some time ago I had the same problem, but then I just erased all sources and downloaded them from scratch. I don't want to do this each time I update Wine.

Btw I'm on Ubuntu 8.04.