[Wine] Re: application doesnt start at startup when run via WINE !

Tlarhices wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 10 00:42:35 CDT 2008

noble_curious wrote:
> Have I asked irrelevent question?  :(

I think there are not much people around here trying to do this kind of thing.
I have never tried by myself so what I will say might be wrong but I can't let you alone.

You can't run wine if there is no X server around (where will the window of notepad open ?). And that windows command line often use part of the API that need a graphical environment.
By using init.d you are trying to start wine before a graphical session is started.

The best would be to start your script at session login (in Preferences -> Session for Gnome) so everything will be ready.

But it needs your user to log in before the service starts.