[Wine] Visual basic 2005 express

Marci Hawkins wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 17 13:14:51 CDT 2008

Hi,

I use WINE to run utorrent on my 701 eee pc which it does well :)
I am trying to install Visual basic 2005 express on it aswell but there are error messages.

I have read that WINE cannot handle the online installation, so i downloaded the files and used an iso program to extract them etc etc, it installed the program, but right at the end, the same error message appeared and when i try to find the program to run, i cannot find it.

The error message is the normal "send an error report" but doesnt say much else. hen i ran the .exe file again, i got options to reinstall and remove, so it must have installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks