[Wine] How can wine be available for all users?

Erik Hahn erik_hahn at gmx.de
Mon Oct 20 11:06:04 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 05:50:51AM -0500, pcdoctor wrote:
> I'm using kubuntu 8.04 and I'm able to run three programs that I installed
> but another user can't.  Is there any way to make .wine available for
> all users?  I thought about copying .wine to wine in /usr/lib/wine or
> /usr/bin/wine.

That should work, better use /usr/wine or something under /opt. You have
to set the WINEPREFIX variable to the location, also make sure you get
the access rights right (Users need read access of course, avoid write
access if possible)

	-Erik

--
hackerkey://v4sw5hw2ln3pr5ck0ma2u7LwXm4l7Gi2e2t4b7Ken4/7a16s0r1p-5.62/-6.56g5OR