[Wine] NVIDIA OR ATI

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon Oct 20 16:20:33 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:13 PM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> [quote="mrxgerman"graphiccark.[/quote]
> What's that?
> If you mean graphics card, then  the  only viable solution for Linux is nVidia. ATi(AMD) has crappy broken drivers.

Yes, ATI's current drivers are crap, but how long before the RadeonHD
driver reaches a usable state?

I just feel it is wrong to promote nVidia after AMD tried really hard
to allow free software drivers to be created for their current
products....

(Of course my gaming is limited to Warcraft 3 and Trackmania, so my
Intel GMA X3100 is more than enough for my purposes... I plan to
upgrade some time, but I think I have enough time to wait and see what
happens with the RadeonHD drivers...)