[Wine] USB support

dAnIK SeNT dsent at mail.ru
Thu Oct 23 09:39:07 CDT 2008

Hi.

If you want to access USB directly from Windows program, you have to use some
virtualization software. For example, VMWare Server 2.0 (freeware, but not
open-source; downoad from vmware.com) and VirtualBox 2.0 (full edition, not
OSE edition; see virtualbox.org). Both of these programs have USB 2.0 support
(VMWare is _probably_ more stable, but VirtualBox's interface is much more
friendly for desktop use); Of course, to use Windows in virtualized
environment, you should obtain a valid Windows license from Microsoft (if
you've used Windows before, you probably already have one, don't you? :-)).

However, maybe there is some native Linux software to program
microcontrollers? Did you try to find such software? It's better to use
native programs, if available.

--
Best regards,
Danila Sentiabov aka dAnIK SeNT