[Wine] USB support

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Thu Oct 23 10:11:00 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 1:46 PM, fejesg <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hello Everybody!  :D  :D  :D
>
> I changed from Windows to Ubuntu a short time ago. Under Win I programmed microcontrollers with Microchip PicKit2 programmer, which has USB connection.
>
> After I installed Ms .NET Framework 2.0 with winetricks, the Wine enablet do install PicKit2 program; it runs, but can not wiev / handle programmer, which I plug in to an USB port.
>
> Please help me. Have any USB support for Wine ? (I use W 1.1.6).
>
> ThanX forwardly: fejesg HU fejesg at pr.hu

Just some background information on the PICKit 2 before the "drivers
are not supported" reply flood starts:
* Under Windows it is detected as a USB HID:
http://www.voti.nl/pickit2faq/index.html so it should not be that hard
get working...
* The pk2 program is available for programming it under Linux:
http://mcuee.blogspot.com/2007/06/pickit-2-under-linux-mini-howto.html
and http://home.pacbell.net/theposts/picmicro/ Pk2 really needs some
updating though...
* Recent MPLAB versions also support the PicKit 2

Gert