[Wine] fwd: Using MDAC with wine

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Oct 24 08:56:56 CDT 2008

http://techxplorer.com/2008/10/24/using-mdac-with-wine/
says
"My job now requires me to use a ... Visual Basic app to work
with data stored in a Microsoft Access database. ...
To solve the issue I undertook the following steps:
   1. Used the winetricks script to download and install MDAC 2.8
   2. Registered the dao360.dll file that was distributed
       with the application using this command
      wine regsvr32 dao360.dll
Once I did this the application started, could access the data, and
worked flawlessly. Yet again I find myself indebted to those who
work so hard on open source projects such as Wine and Linux in general."

(Hmm.  Wonder why he had to register dao360?)