[Wine] Re: World of Warcraft - Ubuntu ... Low Framerate

stimpak wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 24 15:07:24 CDT 2008

Valek wrote:
> ... By the way, I didn't add the line SET gxApi "opengl" 'cause it gave me only a lot of problems; I wasn't able to reach anymore the bottom of the screen, and the FPS was a little more slow.

wine 1.1.7 does, you should add SET gxApi "opengl" . also run envyNG ( sudo apt-get install envyng-gtk ) which will install correctly the latest nvidia drivers

also from your specs i wouldnt expect a frame-rate of more than 40 fps at 1024x768. blizzard buffed up wow too much lately..

oi also anyone remembers those general registry  entries which stabilize the fps? if i remember correctly they're supposed to work with every applications not only wow. I tried to find them but without any luck so far :/