[Wine] 3D rendering errors

flav0rl3ss wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 24 22:29:19 CDT 2008

'ello, I've looked all over the place for people with similar problems, but it seems i can't figure out how to discribe what is going on well enough to find any.  Here are some screenshots of what i'm experiencing in the game Perfect World International.

It seems all npcs/players/mobile objects of any sort cause big random poly spike... things.  If I look out into nowhere, everything is fine, and the game runs fantastically.

video card: ati radeon x1650
This is certainly a possible driver issue (which I would also like assistance with if you happen to be able to determine this), but there seems to be d3d errors of somesort.  Running it through terminal spams "fixme:d3d:state_fog Implement table fog for foggy vertex shader"
though I do not believe that to be directly related to the main problem -- i could be wrong.

Same problem occurs whether the renderer is opengl or gdi...
Have tried this on several different versions of wine, the problem stays the same...

(am i missing something?)

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated, if there's any more info i need to throw down here, let me know and i'll be sure to do so asap.

thanks in advance