[Wine] 3D rendering errors

flav0rl3ss wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 24 22:29:19 CDT 2008

'ello, I've looked all over the place for people with similar problems, but it seems i can't figure out how to discribe what is going on well enough to find any.  Here are some screenshots of what i'm experiencing in the game Perfect World International.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t76/injected666/ss3.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t76/injected666/ss2.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t76/injected666/ss1.jpg

It seems all npcs/players/mobile objects of any sort cause big random poly spike... things.  If I look out into nowhere, everything is fine, and the game runs fantastically.

video card: ati radeon x1650
This is certainly a possible driver issue (which I would also like assistance with if you happen to be able to determine this), but there seems to be d3d errors of somesort.  Running it through terminal spams "fixme:d3d:state_fog Implement table fog for foggy vertex shader"
though I do not believe that to be directly related to the main problem -- i could be wrong.

Same problem occurs whether the renderer is opengl or gdi...
Have tried this on several different versions of wine, the problem stays the same...

(am i missing something?)

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated, if there's any more info i need to throw down here, let me know and i'll be sure to do so asap.

thanks in advance