[Wine] WoW 3.0.2.9056 Issues

EmyrB wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 26 04:50:30 CDT 2008

Hi All,

First off I want to say a big thank you for your great effort in producing Wine, my hats off to the developers.

I have Ubuntu 8.0.4.1 64bit edition and I have Wine 1.1.7 installed. I have noticed that when I play WoW, it appears that the keyboard buffer becomes full and my character goes off on his own. Sometime I can control it using the left, right and back keys, other times off it goes. Quite worrying when you are in a dungeon with a group and you are trying to fend off the monsters and your char starts to wander. This was also happening under Wine 1.1.6 as well.

I am not sure if this is a recent WoW issue as with the upgrade to V3 or is it a Wine issue. This weekend is the first time I have run WoW since March this year. I have been using Guild Wars and come to think of it, the character control there is a bit dodgy as well.

Any ideas?

Cheers and keep up the excellent work

EmyrB