[Wine] Re: Adobe Director projectors

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 27 12:46:46 CDT 2008

Danny Kodicek wrote:

> Well, it's a tricky question. We're aiming at the education market and I
> have no idea how clued-up these people are. As a newbie to Linux myself,
> working out how to get Wine working was a tricky problem, and I don't know
> if it would be the same for others. Can I really expect a student to know
> how to run a Windows executable via Wine on Linux?

What age group are we talking about? I'm an English teacher, though at the college level.

In general, if an app works in Wine, installing and running it would be exactly the same as in Windows: point and click. Wine normally adds Windows apps to the menu when you install them, and creates desktop links if the installer creates Windows shortcuts. It's only when an app doesn't work out-of-the-box with Wine that it can get tricky.