[Wine] Re: Big test coming up: fallout 3

Tlarhices wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 29 00:17:03 CDT 2008

dayosh wrote:
> Thanks, John.  That fixed part of it, now we're looking at the following:
>

> Code:
>
> $ wine "Fallout3.exe"
> err:module:import_dll Loading library xlive.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Bethesda Softworks\\Fallout 3\\Fallout3.exe") failed (error c000007b).
> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Bethesda Softworks\\Fallout 3\\Fallout3.exe" failed, status c0000135

You will need the "Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable", you should find a XLiveRedist.msi on the CD (if they did their job well) or you can find it on Microsoft website here (but it might not be the version needed by the game) :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bb38e1ce-b9b1-4e2b-9c3f-3b521e74b647&displaylang=en

But I am not sure it will work under wine. It needs Xp Sp2 or vista to run and a windows live ID.

As it is from Microsoft it might use a lot of undocumented functions that Wine does not possess. But it might also work, you will have to try on this one.