[Wine] Uninstalling/removing MS Office 2000 premium on WIne

Insert_Name_Here wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 29 04:47:57 CDT 2008

Hi, I am new to Linux, I am running Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. I have installed Wine 1.0 and used it to install some Windows applications and it has worked successfully. However, I have tried installing MS Office 2000 Premium, and I can't register it properly, I have checked out the AppDB and there is a method of registering it on there but it looks hideously complicated so unless someone can translate it into newbie language for me I am not going to be able to register. Anyway the main point is I am not that bothered about registering unless it can be done easily, I am now trying to uninstall Office instead but I can't. I go into Wine->Uninstall -> MS Office 2000, it runs the setup for MS office and I tell it to uninstall, it all goes along nicely, says it has finished - and then MS Office is still there same as ever.

So, anyone got any tips on how to remove it completely?

Thanks.