[Wine] Re: Wine does not compile on Fedora 9 x86_64

Vsen wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 29 08:12:40 CDT 2008

The 32 bit gcc is not mentioned in the dependency list on the wine on 64 website.I copy pasted the entire thing to the terminal while installing.I downloaded the 32 bit gcc but it conflicts with its 64 bit counterpart.
Correct me if I'm wrong,but can the 32 bit gcc generate code for use in Fedora 64 bit?
Wine may require the 32 bit libraries to operate but if its compiled in use for a 32 bit environment,will it run on an x86_64 OS? I hesitate to uninstall the 64 bit gcc because it has several important dependencies which relate to important stuff.