[Wine] Age of Empire 2 GOLD with Expansion The Conqueror not work

zaion84 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 29 12:02:41 CDT 2008

Hello everyone,
i'm new in world of ubuntu and generally little ferrate on linux (i have studied it at school 7 years ago).
Grin said that I wanted your help to run this game original and which I still play very often on Direct Connect.

I have the 1.1.7 version of Wine which I run perfectly SPORE without any problem, and even installations AGEII and AGEIITheConqueror be successful. I configured Wine with the dll following WineHQ guide and put the nocd (reluctantly).

My problem is on starting game, in the menu and in the game.. Cry Cry Cry

1) if i not start the game with parameter -nostartup it run, show the video intro but then the menu is unreadable.
2) with the parameter it start without Intro and the menu, apart fot the written black, works correctly.
3) if I start a game I get a black screen even however the music works and feel the selection of buildings and characters.

Questions:
1) It may be the nocd to have problems? Perhaps replacing it?
2) You can solve the problems with black text?
3) You can start it in full screen? (A standard for me 1024x768 but I see the bars above and below ubuntu that I cover the buttons)