[Wine] Re: Big test coming up: fallout 3

dayosh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 30 16:26:00 CDT 2008

Here's another (more legal) thing to try.  Might even give the same result.  I found this on Bethesda's forums.  Apparently, we Linux users aren't the only ones having difficulty with copy protection (if that is in fact where our problem lies).  It would seem that some XP/Vista users are having the same issue.  Within the post (which you can find below), is a link to download a patched .exe file for the game.  Might be worth looking into.  :)

The link for the post:
     http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=892715

The link to the patched .exe:
     http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=2500

Let's try using these, see if we get a similar (or different) result.  :)