[Wine] Attention Non-Linux Wine Users

Zach Drayer zach at drayer.name
Fri Oct 31 00:58:42 CDT 2008

On Oct 30, 2008, at 11:19 PM, James McKenzie wrote:

> Austin English wrote:
>> Howdy BSD/Solaris/OS X'ers,
>>
>> A lot of progress has been made fixing the conformance tests for
>> Wine,
>> but unfortunately, most of this progress has only been made on the
>> Linux end. Most developers are using some form of Linux, so
>> BSD/Solaris/OS X haven't seen their pass rate increase. But you can
>> help!
>>
>> For more info, see:
>> http://wiki.winehq.org/ConformanceTests
>>
>> But for the short version:
>> 1. Be sure you're using the latest git
>> 2. Download http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/WRT/CrossBuilt/winetest-latest.exe
>> 3. Run it in a clean WINEPREFIX.
>> 4. Be sure to use an appropriate label. For example, I use:
>> aenglish-pc-bsd7 or aenglish-opensolaris.
>>

> Thank you for this information.  I have several tests to run, and
> one of
> them is for the PowerPC release of OpenOffice.org 3.0.
> Unfortunately, I
> tripped over the power cord to my PowerBook G4 and may have broken the
> power plug connection to the main board.  That will be an expensive
> repair.  Alexandre has been quite busy lately and I don't have time to
> do a daily GIT build here of Darwine.
>
> James McKenzie

I'm trying to put together a quick script that will automatically grab
the latest git sources and run the tests.  Just have a two questions.

One question is about winetest.exe itself - Is there any way to have
it automatically fill in the Tag nam along the lines of "wine
winetest /tag tagGoesHere"?

The other question isn't related to wine or winetest perse, but I'm
trying to make the script generic so anyone can use it so i've got an
"if the user has git, do blah, else use cvs" section.  (I'm on OS X
and know all Xcode installs come with cvs, so figured it couldn't hurt
to add in) Only problem here is that I'm not sure how (or if its
possible) to have it pass the password in automatically from the
script and log in.

Or should i just skip this part and echo something along the lines of
"Please install git from $gitWebsite" for whatever reason (cvs isn't
updated as often as git or something, not worth the time, etc)?

Thanks,

-Zach