[Wine] Attention Non-Linux Wine Users

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 13:27:05 CDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 12:58 AM, Zach Drayer <zach at drayer.name> wrote:
> On Oct 30, 2008, at 11:19 PM, James McKenzie wrote:
>> Austin English wrote:
>>> Howdy BSD/Solaris/OS X'ers,
>>> A lot of progress has been made fixing the conformance tests for Wine,
>>> but unfortunately, most of this progress has only been made on the
>>> Linux end. Most developers are using some form of Linux, so
>>> BSD/Solaris/OS X haven't seen their pass rate increase. But you can
>>> help!
>>> For more info, see:
>>> http://wiki.winehq.org/ConformanceTests
>>> But for the short version:
>>> 1. Be sure you're using the latest git
>>> 2. Download
>>> http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/WRT/CrossBuilt/winetest-latest.exe
>>> 3. Run it in a clean WINEPREFIX.
>>> 4. Be sure to use an appropriate label. For example, I use:
>>> aenglish-pc-bsd7 or aenglish-opensolaris.
>> Thank you for this information.  I have several tests to run, and one of
>> them is for the PowerPC release of OpenOffice.org 3.0.  Unfortunately, I
>> tripped over the power cord to my PowerBook G4 and may have broken the
>> power plug connection to the main board.  That will be an expensive
>> repair.  Alexandre has been quite busy lately and I don't have time to
>> do a daily GIT build here of Darwine.
>> James McKenzie
> I'm trying to put together a quick script that will automatically grab the
> latest git sources and run the tests.  Just have a two questions.
> One question is about winetest.exe itself - Is there any way to have it
> automatically fill in the Tag nam along the lines of "wine winetest /tag
> tagGoesHere"?

$ wine winetest -t your-tag-here

Usage: winetest [OPTION]...

  -c       console mode, no GUI
  -e       preserve the environment
  -h       print this message and exit
  -p       shutdown when the tests are done
  -q       quiet mode, no output at all
  -o FILE  put report into FILE, do not submit
  -s FILE  submit FILE, do not run tests
  -t TAG   include TAG of characters [-.0-9a-zA-Z] in the report

You probably want:
$ wine winetest -c -t your-tag-here

> The other question isn't related to wine or winetest perse, but I'm trying
> to make the script generic so anyone can use it so i've got an "if the user
> has git, do blah, else use cvs" section.  (I'm on OS X and know all Xcode
> installs come with cvs, so figured it couldn't hurt to add in) Only problem
> here is that I'm not sure how (or if its possible) to have it pass the
> password in automatically from the script and log in.
> Or should i just skip this part and echo something along the lines of
> "Please install git from $gitWebsite" for whatever reason (cvs isn't updated
> as often as git or something, not worth the time, etc)?

I doubt you want to force users to install something. Those that would
be using this script should already have git, or now how to get it