[Wine] Running Warcraft on dedicated X server using Bash Script

jozef3d wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 1 10:59:05 CDT 2008

I am using the following script that has been suggested by many guides on running World of Warcraft on Linux.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

export WOW_PATH=~/".wine/drive_c/Program Files/World of Warcraft" # Installation path

X :3 -ac -terminate &   # Launch on a new X session on display 3
cd "${WOW_PATH}"        # Goto WoW dir
sleep 2
DISPLAY=:3 `which wine` Wow.exe -opengl # Launches WoW

But it seems, doing this I loose sound.  Running World of Warcraft regularly using wine "Wow.exe" -opengl I have sound, but as soon as I give it its own dedicated x server I loose the sound.

Has anyone run WoW using this script?  Or have a better one that allows sound to work?

I have tried the following:
Adding and removing the Sound options in the WTF/Config.wtf file
Switched between OSS and ALSA

And yes, pulseaudio isn't installed.

Here is a log of what the terminal outputs:
http://fpaste.org/paste/5592

Line 18: states

Code:
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: Permission denied

I am on Fedora 9, AMD64 bit.  1 gig ram, nvidia Graphics Card, on board Sound Realtech AC7.

PJ

[/code]