[Wine] Automated backup of wine? Is it possible?

stimpak wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 1 14:52:04 CDT 2008

Today i managed to break something in my distro, which my linux and google skills being not able to fix it, and i was wondering if I was about time to make a complete reinstall..

with the thought of reinstlling i thought to myself that i should need to back-up wine!

now firstly I need to ask if its possible to  compress ./wine/ and replace it after i've reinstalled wine in a new clean system? is there anything that i need to pay special care of?

and secondly wouldnt be great if wine had a nice automated way of being compressed itself, or being able to create itself a nice backup .deb from its files? think of it as automated back up system where you could burn it to a dvd, and then re-install it including your applications?

seems pretty easy enough? what do you say? Wouldn't be easy enough to make a script for it?