[Wine] Followup: SOLVED Re: Font display problem with Text in UML-Notes of Enterprise Architect (wine-1.1.3 in Ubuntu Hardy)

Achim Spangler A.Spangler at osb-ag.de
Mon Sep 1 08:00:36 CDT 2008

Hi again,
I was able to solve my problem with installation of the both native RichText
Libraries. This URL pointed me to the solution:
http://ubuntu-virginia.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4614684

--> sh winetricks riched20 riched30
==> installs and activates both RichText NATIVE Libraries
--> now I can install and use EA without problem

Important:
The emulated Windows flavour should be WinXP (at least NOT Win98 - this is
wrongly described at Sparx Systems).

So - the Wine-Internal replacement of both RichText Libraries have to be
enhanced to support Enterprise Architect without native replacements.

Kind Regards,
Achim
#################################
Hi,
thanks for the idea - but it does not work.

I get the following debug output - filtered - I hope that this can help
somehow:
Filtered output since program start:
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW flags 0x00000012 ignored
fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW classes not implemented
err:richedit:CharAttr unknown font 0
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common EM_FORMATRANGE: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common Unsupported yet non NULL device in
EM_SETTARGETDEVICE
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_SelectPen PS_USERSTYLE is not supported

The following output is generated while program window is refreshed (with
diagram where the problematic note-text isn't displayed):
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_SelectPen PS_USERSTYLE is not supported
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common EM_FORMATRANGE: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common Unsupported yet non NULL device in
EM_SETTARGETDEVICE
(these lines are printed in different order several times)

Question:
Can I try to set some suitable library overrides - maybe with installing some
native libraries before?
- somehow crossover-office seems to handle this situation

Thanks,
Achim
Am Donnerstag, 28. August 2008 schrieb Austin English:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Achim Spangler
>
> <Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm having medium success with Enterprise Architect 7.1 in wine.
> > While crossover-office-6.0.0 (in Ubuntu Edgy) is able to display the
> > fonts in the:
> > + Key-Store Config dialog (where you have to enter the product keys)
> > + UML diagram (class diagram) NOTES-Item
> > -
> > this does NOT work with wine-1.1.3 and also the last wine version before
> > 1.0 in Ubuntu (different versions).
> >
> > The strange thing is:
> > You can select different fonts for the note-text - but this has no impact
> > on the displayability - there is always an empty area, where the text
> > should get displayed. Thus this problems seems to depend on the way this
> > special text is rendered/placed.
> >
> > As it works with crossover-6.0.0, I suspect that this depends on some
> > DllOverride magics.
> >
> > I tried already fresh .wine setup with different setups -e.g.
> > with/without dcom98, mdac, riched (installed with the winetricks).
> >
> > The problem happens even with pure wine setup - i.e. I used winetricks
> > only during my tries to workaround (as its much easier there to install
> > things like dcom98, ...).
> >
> > I wonder, why the AppDB doesn't list those font rendering problems - is
> > this dependent on Ubuntu, so that the other reporters were not affected,
> > or did nobody try notes in class diagrams?
> >
> > I'm working in a 32-Bit CPU System with quite normal Ubuntu Hardy Setup.
> > The X11 is running with 23Bit color depth (as written in the xorg.conf).
> >
> > The font preview in the font selection dialog for the Diagram-Note is
> > showing the font in a correct way - only the rendering of the font in the
> > real context doesn't work.
> >
> > Installation source is binary package from
> > 1.1.3~winehq0~ubuntu~8.04-0ubuntu1 (sources.list: deb
> > http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt hardy main)
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestion to solve this problem,
> > Achim
>
> Try 'winetricks allfonts'

OSB AG

Vorstandsvorsitzender: Denis Sisic
Vorstand: Frank Oestmann, Manfred Buffa, Hasan Kurum, Renee Böttcher
Vors. des Aufsichtsrates: Robert Strassmeir

Sitz der Gesellschaft: München
Amtsgericht München HRB 147 160

Diese Mitteilung ist ausschließlich für den beabsichtigten Empfänger bestimmt. Sie kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Jede(r) unberechtigte Gebrauch, Kopie, Weitergabe oder Veröffentlichung ist untersagt. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, benachrichtigen Sie uns bitte sofort durch Antwortmail und löschen Sie diese E-Mail nebst etwaigen Anlagen und einschließlich aller angefertigten Kopien von Ihrem System.

This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain trade secrets or other confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, copy, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message including any attachment or copies thereof from your system.