[Wine] Mac OSX (10.5) & wine w/ OpenGL - Info & Issues

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 2 15:52:39 CDT 2008

applewine <wineforum-user at winehq.org> at Sep 1, 2008 7:52 PM (MST) wrote about [Wine]  Re: Mac OSX (10.5) & wine w/ OpenGL - Info & Issues

>I'm trying to understand the wine osx situation. I want to know all the software that is needed for wine to work with os x. So far I know about this.
>
>1. Wine 1.0 for osx
This does support OpenGL if it is compiled into the package.  I don't know if this is true because I do not run any games under Wine.  I may install dOOm to see what happens.
>2. x11 from apple
OpenGL is definitely broken with this release.  However, you need to install this before installing the XQuartz updates.
>3. xQuartz x11 upgrade
Get the latest, 2.3.0.

>Is there any more? From what I understand xQuartz is also not done yet to allow opengl and thus >games to run. Are the remaining problems being worked on by xQuartz, or do these need to be >addressed by the wine distro? What else do I need to know?

Broken OpenGL on MacOSX has to be addressed by the XQuartz team.  I remember a bug report being submitted to address this problem.

James McKenzie