[Wine] MS Office in Wine: Hebrew backwards

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 2 15:57:39 CDT 2008

Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> at Sent: Sep 2, 2008 4:22 PM (MST) wrote about [Wine] MS Office in Wine: Hebrew backwards

>I must install MS Office in Wine on Ubuntu Linux. It installs fine,
>but the Hebrew is backwards. Googling the problem led me to this
>video, which illustrates the problem:
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19I2qaykE6w
>
>Does anyone know how to fix this? I am on a full UTF-8 Hebrew locale,
>if that is relevant. I installed MS Office 2003 in English on Kubuntu
>8.04.
Isn't there a version of MS Office in Hebrew?  Maybe the English version is not able, under Wine, to detect the language change and thus change from Left to Right to Right to Left.

I will state that Hebrew documents under Wine with e-Sword do display correctly as I have a Hebrew bible that I loaded to make sure this worked.

James McKenzie