[Wine] Re: help for hire? wine crashes when running http://www.verydoc

jeffz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 5 01:37:30 CDT 2008

snacht wrote:
> Jeff,
> In the mean time, do you have suggestions on what I can do to figure out how I can get it to work. What is the usual plan of attack when an app does not work? Is it usually missing dependencies? What can I do to learn more?

When a program does not work as expected under Wine, it's a bug in wine, it needs to be investigated to figure out where things are going wrong.  In this case, it also doesn't work on Windows (2003 atleast) so it's a little trickier because it means that in some circumstances it should not run under Wine.

It's not missing dependencies, it's usually incompatibility, Windows does one thing when running the app and Wine does another.  I'll take another look today.