[Wine] Wine Delphi 5 Pro Usage Glitches

raja_s_patil wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 5 02:24:04 CDT 2008

Hi,

With help of AppDB howto and tips from wine community
I managed to install Delphi 5 on KUbuntu 8.0.4.1 Wine 1.1.3.
I can use it fairly flawlessly with some features missing.
I compiled Application on this installation and launched
in production also almost week ago and have not received any
complaints till date. I have noticed some minor glitches
which are hampering productivity a little bit.

1> In Object Inspector Drop down Combos are not Working
2> In Code Editor <Ctrl>-<Space> is not working.

There are other also but those are manageable.
Just to mention
1> Component Pallet Loading throws Missing BPLs but
     at the end all components are properly Loaded.
2> Form - Editor - Object Inspector switching with
    Function Keys have some glitches.

After testing it in production for some more days
I am going to post a Detailled HOWTO about it
which may help other to do it quickly. At the same time
I am keen on almost 95% compatibility with
Windows Functionality. Hope If somebody is using it
for long time with wine might have some solution
or workaround for these points.

Thanks and Best regards.

Raja S Patil.