[Wine] help for hire? wine crashes when running http://www.verydoc

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 11:35:04 CDT 2008

2008/9/5 jeffz <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:
> I've already offered to help and I do contribute to Wine. Harassing
> developers over rewriting their software isn't helpful, especially since
> Wine provides a way for Windows applications to run on GNU/Linux,
> your comment makes less sense.

Wine provides a way for _some_ Windows applications to run on
GNU/Linux. Software that does not run in Wine, and which does not have
a native Linux version available, cannot currently run on Linux. So
why do you discourage users from contacting the developers of the
software that they want to use? Would you discourage a user from
filing bugs with Wine? Do you consider that harassment as well?

> Please read the thread before posting your spam.

I did read the thread. I answered to OP with an answer relevant to his question.

Please tell me why you feel that my message was unsolicited, or under
what definitions of bulk a single message fall under. You may want to
understand what the term spam means before you use it. Not all
messages that you do not like for one reason or another are spam.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il