[Wine] Re: help for hire? wine crashes when running http://www.verydoc

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 5 13:53:41 CDT 2008

snacht wrote:
> At the risk of getting on someone's shit list, let me, the person who originally posted the problem, share the following.
>
> Before I posted, I actually contacted codeweavers and asked for their help (also $500). The reply was a minimum of $2500. "No" was the answer to "is that no cure/no pay".
>
> My take: let "supply and demand" do its work.
>
> Stefaan

Correct, they are business and they have lots of business expenses. $500 won't be enough to pay even for an hour of their time.

Same thing about telling companies to rewrite their software for Linux. And they will do what with it? Give it away for free? Sell it to 2 people who actually does use Linux? It's not a browser that everyone needs.

At the same time number of "free" developers might pick the challenge and try to fix it. After all $500 is a big money in some places.