[Wine] Re: Saab Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC) hangs upon startup

trash wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 6 06:31:28 CDT 2008

Hi!

I've downloaded v1.1.4 source codes and compiled it. First without the patch that you suggested. To my surprise I managed to get the program working without the patch for the first time. Then upon second startup got the same DBI error as your did. I tried to start the program and noticed that the error pops up randomly.
Nevertheless I applied the patch you gave and of course it sorted out the problem once and for all.  Thank You!
The program works almost like a dream. There is one particular problem which makes Wine crash all the time. When you try to drag the diagram pictures, Wine will crash. Here's how you can simulate it:

1. once the program runs choose:
    Model: 900
    Year: L - 1990
    Press "OK" Button

2. New screen will appear, choose:
     Engine and any item on the right, for example Engine Mounting
     Press "OK" Button

3. You will now get another screen which on the left hand size has a diagram of the parts and on the right hand side part number. You can drag the diagram to move it around the screen. If you try doing that Wine will crash with following error:

Code:

err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap (nil): bad size 00000040 for in-use arena 0xe114e0
err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap (nil): bad size 00000020 for in-use arena 0xe11778
err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap (nil): bad size 00000018 for in-use arena 0x21cc98
err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap (nil): bad size 00000048 for in-use arena 0xc70b10
err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap (nil): bad size 00000080 for in-use arena 0xc55650
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x000000ac at address 0x7bc41f91 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x7bc41f91

Anyway I can use the application now, which is really great! Thanks a lot!