[Wine] Re: Saab Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC) hangs upon startup

qwertymn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 6 09:26:55 CDT 2008

> >I don't exactly agree with patches that only try to work around past some point. Because what we are doing here is bad (I believe, but correct me if wrong), because we are saying that it all went well and that we copied one scanline from the bitmap, when, in fact, that wasn't the case. So this means we are 'lying' to get one app to get past one point, which may make a bunch of other games not work or even make this game fail later on (which could be the case).

This is  a wine-users lists, not a wine-development list, so i think it's ok to post stupid hacks here. Of course the hack is horrible, and indeed is likely to crash other applications. But on this forum users are trying to get an app running, and i bet they're not  concerned about correctness of code. Finding a real fix will need you hours of investigation and writing tests. I don't have the time for that (or even the knowledge i guess). For a real fix you'll have to open a bugreport in bugzilla, and hope a developer jumps in. Regards