[Wine] Re: Slow performance with many 3D games

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 6 13:00:34 CDT 2008

Fazer wrote:
> I tried to run TF2 from console and then from desktop shortcut with a modified activator and in both cases - TF2 launched, I saw the Valve/Source video and then the game crashed with an error:
>

> Code:
> Engine Error
> No permissions to run "tf"
>

> What can I do with it?
>
> I used this code (with "env" in the shortcut):
>

> Code:
> WINEPREFIX="/home/arkadiusz/.wine" WINEDEBUG=-all taskset -c 0 wine "C:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 440

I've seen this several times too. You just have to run steam and wait while when all your games show up. Then you can double click on TF2.

I think this is steam bug as they had something related to this in their recent steam updates.

Also if you using full-screen, you can start steam "on windows boot" with 'wineboot'. Check that it's in your system tray. Then you should be able to run TF2 with the above command.