[Wine] Game Problem (Carmageddon II)

James Huk huk256 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 10:28:02 CDT 2008

2008/9/4 pedrozena <wineforum-user at winehq.org>

> Hi @ all..
> I have a problem installing the Game Carmageddon II on my ubuntu
> machine..
> When i execute the main file, I get an error that say that it's not
> possible to find some configurations file...
> after many efforts, I think that the problem is in the fact that to
> instal the game, i take a pre-installed (portable) version of this, and so
> i just
> copy and past the whole folder into the program folder under
> $/.wine/....
> So, when the executible file try to find the "missing" configuration
> file, it search with a pat similar to: c:/programs/carmageddon ...
> instead of the fisical folder: /home/user/.wine/drive_c/Programs/
> Carmageddon.
> How can I "say"(?!?!?) to the executible file that it is suposed to
> search the configuration file in the right folder?
>
> Tanks a lot and sorry for my bad bad English
>
> Stefano.

Try this:

1.Open terminal
2.cd to Carmageddon II dir
3.Now type in the terminal "wine carmageddon.exe" or wethever the name of
the exe is

If you were trying to run this game like this:

wine /home/user/.wine/drive_c/Programs/Carmageddon/carmageddon.exe

then it is normal that it couldn't locate files - because the exe assumed
that your current dir (that one you run wine from) is game dir.